Wednesday 31 August 2011

AIK - SSK 31/08

So I just came home from my first live game this season, which ended in a 2-1 victory to AIK!

In a typical preseason game with lots of mistakes but also a few individual shows, Linus Videll got to score his first goal in the AIK shirt. Very fittingly that it came against his old team, Linus himself was extra pleased by this while interviewed after the game. Stefan Johansson scored AIK's second goal. Given that we had 8 players away in various illnesses, injuries and tax evading schemes, I'm very pleased with the result.

It was great to once again be back at Hovet and see the team I love play hockey again. Although I have to say the atmosphere wasn't what in was used to, given only 1500 people came to see the game. I can't wait to hear 8042 people singing our anthem on the 15th of September.

I also got a look at the new jerseys for the year, they looked very nice! It is now much easier to see which name and number it says on the shirt. Which was a problem last year, especially for the media.

The season passes for this season are selling very good, AIK has sold about 40% more than this time last year, and they expect a rise in the average audience by 20 %. I myself think this is too low, after a good start to the season that number will be closer to 40%, I reckon.

The next game is played against Almtuna at Hovet this Friday (the 4th of september), I'm not yet sure if I'll be able to attend or not, but either way I'll give you a report on how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment